Capacity building, training and mentoring
Consultant’s reports have a habit of gathering dust. They are frequently one-off snap shot analysis of a situation and can date rapidly. In many cases it is better to strengthen existing staff resources and institutional capacity rather than undertake a "quick and dirty" study.
We offer training for junior and mid-level staff in a wide range of disciplines related to the promotion of sustainable development. These can be tailor made according to need. Courses offered in the past have included:
- Decision making and multi-criteria decision analysis;
- Environmental economics
- Resource and environmental assessment
- Environmental impact assessment for coastal aquaculture;
- Planning and management for coastal aquaculture development
- the meaning and application of landscape level and ecosystem level planning and management;
- communicating biodiversity values
We also offer mentoring for middle management and senior staff. Those engaged in difficult management and policy decisions related to sustainable development are encouraged to explore their problems, ideas and options with an experienced outsider; request short "think pieces" where appropriate; and develop discussions with a wider group as necessary.
Click here for relevant project experience